Healthcare and Public Health Sector-Critical Infrastructure Protection
The Healthcare and Public Health Sector Critical Infrastructure Protection Program, in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response, leads a unique public and private sector partnership in protecting the essential goods, services, and functions of healthcare and public health that, if destroyed or compromised, would negatively affect the Nation. The National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) provides the framework for the healthcare and public health sector protection, as well as 17 other designated critical infrastructure sectors mandated by the Homeland Security Presidential Directive -7.
What we do:
- Implement the NIPP sector partnership and risk management framework
- Develop protective programs to protective actions to defend against, prepare for, and mitigate the consequences of a terrorist attack or other hazards
- Provide guidance on sector critical infrastructure protection in line with NIPP
- Measure the sector's performance toward sector protection priorities
- Encourage information sharing among all sector partners
- Submit an annual sector plan and an annual sector report.
The Critical Infrastructure Program is currently pursing a number of key initiatives centered around critical infrastructure protection, information sharing, research and development, and risk assessment. Learn More.
Sector vision statement:
- The Healthcare and Public Health Sector will achieve overall resiliency against all threats ― natural and manmade
- Prevent or minimize damage to, or destruction of, the Nation’s healthcare and public health infrastructure
- Preserve its ability to mount timely and effective responses to both routine and emergency situations
- Strive to protect its critical workforce from harm resulting from terrorist or criminal activities, from natural disasters, and from serious infectious disease outbreaks, including those originating outside the United States.
These snapshots provide concise overviews of various aspects of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Program and the Healthcare and Public Health Sector.
For further information, including details on how to link with colleagues across the nation through the Sector’s information sharing platform, please contact email@example.com. You may also use firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the HHS/ASPR CIP Program regarding suspicious activity, cyber attacks, and/or disruptions impacting nationally critical infrastructure in the Healthcare and Public Health Sector. Please note that this is not a substitute for contacting law enforcement or local emergency management agencies for urgent requests for assistance. The HHS/ASPR CIP Program may use the information you provide to link you with available Federal resources for assistance and/or to identify trends in suspicious activity across the Sector.