Everyone needs an emergency plan. But if you are the parent or caregiver of a little one, then your plan needs a few extra steps.
Join us for a twitter chat on September 17 from 1:00-2:00 PM EDT and learn about ways that you can help keep kids from birth to 5 years old healthy before, during and after an emergency. We plan to discuss a wide range of topics, including:
- ways that parents and caregivers can prepare for the needs of young children before, during and after disaster strikes;
- recognizing the ways that your child’s changing needs impact your family’s preparedness plan
- planning with all of the people who take care of your little one, like daycare providers, babysitters, grandparents and other caregivers;
- recognizing stress and addressing children’s mental health needs;
- considerations for children with special needs; and more.
The chat will be hosted by @PHEgov and will include experts from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Follow the chat by using #Prep4Kids in all of your tweets.